Summary: The Shipping/Packaging Associate performs final inspection, packaging and shipping of products.
- Read and understand order information
- Perform quality control checks on stock items: for example, check grommets, stitching, pads on harnesses.
- Ensure that the lot # matches the product to be shipped.
- Match the serial# to the order in the computer systems; enter serial #s into the computer.
- Know how to appropriately package each stock item.
- Generate labels by computer, including model #, quantity, size, lot#.
As Employees advance in the position, they may be trained on the following:
- Powered Industrial Truck (forklift) certification
- Knowledge of where items are stored in Warehouse
- Quality control and packaging of both stock and non-stock items
- Ground and truck transportation procedures, utilizing computer system
- Make determinations on what vendors to use for shipping.
These requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Standing and walking throughout 8 hour shift, up to 3.5 hours at a time.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and moving materials.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds; occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Handle and Move Objects – use hand and arms to handle and move materials.
- Manual Dexterity – ability to quickly move hands, hands and arms, or two hands together to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Finger Dexterity – ability to make precise, coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Near Vision – ability to see details at close range (with a few feet of the observer).
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent education is required; Experience with industrial shipping processes and equipment preferred.
Employment Application Form